Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Pack of two Infrared phototransistor based reflectance sensor
- Great for edge detection and line following applications
- Measures only 0.3" x 0.5" x 0.1" and weighs 0.23 gram
- Headers not soldered
The Pololu QTR-1A Reflectance Sensor carries a single infrared LED and phototransistor pair in an inexpensive, tiny 0.5" x 0.3" sensor module that can be mounted almost anywhere and is great for edge detection and line following applications. The LED current-limiting resistor is set to deliver approximately 20-25 mA to the LED when VIN is 5V. The current requirement can be met by some microcontroller I/O lines, allowing the sensor to be powered up and down through an I/O line to conserve power.
Because of its small size, multiple units can easily be arranged to fit various applications such as line sensing and proximity/edge detection. The reflectance sensor ships with a 3-pin 0.1" header strip, which can be soldered in the conventional perpendicular orientation or parallel to the PCB. You can also solder wires, such as ribbon cable, directly to the pads for the smallest installation.
- Dimensions: 0.3" x 0.5" x 0.1" (without header pins installed)
- Operating voltage: 5.0 V
- Supply current: 25 mA
- Output format: analog or digital I/O compatible
- Output voltage range: 0 to supplied voltage
- Optimal sensing distance: 0.125" (3 mm)
- Maximum recommended sensing distance: 0.25" (6 mm)
- Weight without header pins: 0.008 oz (0.23 g)