Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Sherline 4530C Metric Lathe 3.5 x 8 inch Package w/ "Zero" Adjustable Handwheels
- Allows to reset the handwheel to a zero reading
- Comes with a 3-piece center drill set
- Includes two adjustable “zero” handwheels cross slide and leadscrew
- Helps eliminate math errors
- Controls speed from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes
The Sherline 4530C Metric Lathe 3.5 x 8 inch Package w/ "Zero" Adjustable Handwheels includes two adjustable “zero” handwheels on the cross slide and leadscrew.
The lathe comes with the motor and its speed controller, a 2.75-inch (70 mm) x 6-inch (152 mm) cross slide, 15-inch (381 mm) steel bed to allow 8-inch (203 mm) between centers, pulleys, belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot, three-wire power cord, and instruction booklet.
This lathe can turn a part up to 3.5-inch in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88-inch over the carriage without riser blocks. With an optional riser block, parts up to 6-inch in diameter can be turned over the bed.
The lathe has 8-inch of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Adjustable zero handwheels allow the user to reset the handwheel to a zero reading at any time without moving the leadscrew. This makes dialing in the next dimension easier, as you are starting from zero each time.
It also helps eliminate math errors. This is a feature normally found on expensive full-size machines, but not often available on a machine of this size and price.
- 1 x 2.5-inch 3-jaw self-centering chuck
- 1 x 1/4-inch tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #0 Morse Arbor, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- 1 x Steady rest
- 1 x Live Center
- 1 x Compound slide
- 1 x Rear Mount Cutoff Tool and Holder
- 1 x 1/4-inch HSS 3-piece cutting toolset (RH, LH, boring)
- 1 x Sherline 5/32-inch T-driver
- 1 x 3-piece center drill set
- 1 x Sherline Accessories Shop Guide Book
- 1 x Thread cutting attachment
- 597 x 267 x 216 mm / 23.5 x 10.5 x 8.5 inch (L x W x H)
- Swing Over Bed: 3.5 inch (90 mm)
- Swing Over Carriage: 1.75 inch (45 mm)
- Distance Between Centers: 8 inch (200 mm)
- Hole Through Spindle: 0.405 inch (10 mm)
- Spindle Nose Thread: 3/4 inch -16 T.P.I.
- Spindle Nose Taper: #1 Morse
- Spindle runout of Morse taper: 0.0005 inch or less
- Travel of Crosslide: 4.25 inch (110 mm)
- Tailstock Spindle Taper: #0 Morse
- Protractor Graduations: 0° to 45° by 5°
- Handwheel Graduations: 0.001 inch (0.01 mm)
- Motor: 90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Spindle Speed Range: 70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control
- Weight: 10.9 kg