Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun IR Array Breakout Board - 55 Degree FOV, MLX90640 (Qwiic)
- Offers a low-resolution thermal imaging camera
- Is equipped with a 32x24 array
- Can detect surface temperatures from many feet away
- Provides an accuracy of ±1.5°C (best case)
- Features a 55°x35° field of view
The SparkFun IR Array Breakout Board - 55 Degree FOV, MLX90640 (Qwiic) is equipped with a 32x24 array of thermopile sensors creating, in essence, a low-resolution thermal imaging camera. With this breakout, you can detect surface temperatures from many feet away with an accuracy of ±1.5°C (best case).
To make it even easier to get your infrared image, all communication is enacted exclusively via I2C, utilizing our handy Qwiic system. However, we still have broken out 0.1"-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
This specific IR Array Breakout features a 55°x35° field of view with a temperature measurement range of -40 °C - 300 °C. The MLX90640 IR Array has pull-up resistors attached to the I2C bus; both can be removed by cutting the traces on the corresponding jumpers on the back of the board.
Please be aware that the MLX90640 requires complex calculations by the host platform so a regular Arduino Uno (or equivalent) doesn't have enough RAM or flash to complete the complex computations required to turn the raw pixel data into temperature data.
- 1 x SparkFun IR Array Breakout Board - 55 Degree FOV, MLX90640 (Qwiic)
- Operating Voltage: 3 V - 3.6 V
- Current Consumption: ~18 mA
- Field of View: 55° x 35°
- Measurement Range: -40 °C - 300 °C
- Resolution: ±1.5 °C
- Refresh Rate: 0.5 Hz - 64 Hz
- I2C Address: 0x33
- 2x Qwiic Connection Ports