Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun Proximity Sensor Breakout Board (Qwiic)
- Features simple IR presence and ambient light sensor
- Can detect objects up to 20 cm away
- Doesn't need soldering to connect it to the rest of your system
The SparkFun Proximity Sensor Breakout Board (Qwiic) is a simple IR presence and ambient light sensor utilizing the VCNL4040. This type of sensor is often seen in automatic towel and soap dispensers or automatic faucets.
With the ability to detect objects qualitatively up to 20 cm away, you will be able to detect if something is there and if it is closer or further away since the last reading. Utilizing the handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, 0.1"-spaced pins have been broken out in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
- 1 x SparkFun Proximity Sensor Breakout Board (Qwiic)
- Qualitative Detection Range: 20cm
- Integrated Modules: Infrared Emitter (IRED), Ambient Light Sensor (ALS), Proximity Sensor (PS)
- Operates ALS and PS in Parallel Structure
- No Dead Zone
- Operating Voltage: 3.3 V
- I2C Address: 0x60
- 2 x Qwiic Connectors